I am not a beginner for definite, I have been working out on and off for past two years. However, I have never been one of those who are so into exercising as have put some weight on.
As one of of my goals for 2018 to be much more healthier and looking after my body, I have started working out at home for 20 to 30 minutes depending on my mood of course, two to three times a week. If I am in incredible mood then the exercise will last from 1 to 2 hours. Mad! I know!
- All exercises that I do are in 3×10. Every 2 to 3 weeks I go up with numbers e.g. 3×15 or 4×10. If I use weights then will increase the wight by 0.5 to 1kg
- I switch the exercises that I do every 3 to 4 days, so my body does not get used to same routines especially at the beginning as I want to work out my full body.
So my current home workouts are:
- Warm up
- by running up and down on stairs for 5 minutes or either dance for 10 to 15 minutes
- Day 1:
- squats, single-leg deadlifts, glute bridges, lunges, donkey kicks
- Day 2:
- side lunges, chair dips, v-ups, plank, leg raises
- Day 3:
- oblique bends, cross crunches, scissors, leg extensions
- Cool down
- by do some yoga and stretches for 10 minutes
Currently, I am doing these exercises so far so good, aching badly especially on my legs. Next week on wards I will be concentrating on certain areas for example, Monday will be legs and arms day, Wednesday will be stomach and bum, Friday will be back and yoga.
The only advice I will have is that you consult with your doctor, make sure you are not hurting yourself. Do not skip days and be consistent, at the start the body will ache but it then goes away when you exercise consistently.
That is it for now, I will update my exercise routine soon.